Community Led Housing Hub Cumbria & Lancaster
What is community led housing?
- Housing which is built or brought back into use by local people
- Projects genuinely understood and supported by the community
- Homes owned or managed by people in the community
- Benefits to local community are legally protected in perpetuity
What is the CLH hub?
- Part of a national movement to help communities take action on housing
- Funded by the Community Led Homes Enabler Fund
- Hosted by ACT, trusted community development charity with 70 years' experience
- A first port of call for advice, resources and useful contacts
What does the hub do?
- One-to-one support helps you progress more quickly
- Introduce you to professionals
- Connect with local planners
- Identify other potential partners
- Networking opportunities with other community housing groups
- Advice on building sustainable, low-energy homes